Do you enjoy dance, music, art, photography, writing or making movies?
Get started on your piece this summer!
Great opportunity to win cash prizes and build your resume!
Submissions are due October 20th, 2017
Reflections is a national art contest sponsored by the PTSA. Students can submit original work in the categories of Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography and Visual Arts. There are cash prizes and 1st and 2nd place SBHS winners go on to the next level of the contest (PTA Council). There will be a Reception for all participants and their families in early November.
Rules and Guidelines
Click the following links for more information about the rules for each category.
NOTE: These rules are from the 16-17 school year. 2017-18 versions will be available in September. The general rules shouldn’t change much, just keep in mind that the new theme is “WITHIN REACH.”
- General Rules – available in English and Spanish
- Abridged Summary of Rules – available in English and Spanish
- Dance Choreography – available in English and Spanish
- Film Production – available in English and Spanish
- Literature – available in English and Spanish
- Music Composition – available in English and Spanish
- Photography – available in English and Spanish
- Visual Arts – available in English and Spanish
- NEW 3-D Artwork Guidelines – available in English
Turn in your artwork along with a Student Entry Form and a Local Consent Form (Dance/Film/Photo) to the Assistant Principals’ Office by October 20th, 2017. Forms will be available in September on this website and in the Assistant Principals’ office.
The Reflections committee needs judges! Do you know someone who works in the arts? Entries will be judged primarily on how well the student uses his or her artistic vision to portray the theme, originality and creativity. Parents may not judge their children’s work. Entries will be in Assistant Principal Fred Razo’s office. Judging can happen over a week or two. Number of entries varies. Last year we had about 10 photos and only a few music compositions.